Tuesday 28 December 2010

I carried it for you and only you, now the weight of the world is on my dirty hands!

Well, Christmas is over for another year and another year draws to its close. So to mark this yearly tradition of festive fun that one assumes will happen I thought I'd post another blogpost just because I've been out of the loop for a few weeks. So never fear I'm not dead, just yet.

So the news, Semester one is over and its behind me now. But the fiction course has inspired me for once, well its really just given me a kick in the arse to actually write outside of university. So I've now started the long awaited novel that I must have told myself I should start at some point in the future. Well that day has arrived (Cue the celebrations!) And I've even got a tentive tag-line for the thing. "Not all Religious Cults are based on myths!" So yes its something to keep my mind occupied for a bit, instead of resorting to killing as many people as I possibly can on Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. Sorry but religious tom-foolary isn't appropriate at this time of year is it?... or maybe it is? Answers on a postcard please.

In other news, I attended a wonderful concert at the start of December for the marvelous 30 Seconds to Mars with Enter Shikari supporting. As usual the world attempted to stop due to the snow that decided to fall the night before but we made it there and enjoyed one of the best shows of the year. Just to remind anyone who finds it's a good idea to enter a moshpit for Enter Shikari, it's not. I very nearly died in that thing. But that could just be my typical luck though. It's also a good idea these days when you are poor student's to create your own band t-shirt before the gig, like I did for 30 Seconds. I believe the main focus of the tee was the lyrics to 100 Suns and the words "Gay only for Leto!" written on the back. Yes I am aware that is a strange declaration to make in front of nearly a 1,000 random strangers but the fact is it was a dare from my friend and I'm not one to easily back down from a dare. I will not be defeated.

Anyway that's all for now. I trust all ye noble followers have had a good Christmas, and even if you haven't don't be too down, it's not the end of the world until 2012 remember so we have one more year to get it right! As usual I'm going to close with the recommended songs for the moment. Again these do not mean anything in particular, I'm just spreading the joy of music across the world and to the four corners of the 'verse. So here they are:
Ellie Goulding- Lights
Young Guns- Weight of the World
30 Seconds to Mars- Hurricane (with or without Kayne West your own personal choice)
The Gaslight Anthem- Old Haunts
&
This Town Needs Guns- Baboon

Enjoy and I'll see you all in the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment