Friday 3 June 2011

Remember me when you're the one who always dreamed, remember me

Bonjour my lovely readers, I hope you are all well and happy.
I've been up to lots of lovely exciting things lately, but all the details of that will be following in another post/update in the next few days, as this is one of those days where i give you more of my artwork for you to look at. Plus a very special short comic for one extra special young lady.
Right so first up, I will explain that these characters drawn below are for my new comic, a steam punk comic which is based on short stories I've written over the last couple of months. It's set after the conclusion of the final short story and answers all the questions I left unanswered in the quadrilogy of short stories. I'm still scripting and toying with the ideas so these are just a couple of little ideas below. I hope you enjoy them.

First up is the character Lily, a female lead to the story who has become entwinned in the fates of the central protagonist as he continues to struggle with the powers he is burdened with. I wanted to create a strong female lead therefore I've attempted to give her an outfit that would match her determination, as well as her own unique style. I liked drawing the leather jacket for her and pretty much all her outfit. However this outfit is very likely to change to something much authorative.

Second is the protagonist in the opening for the comic as I've decided to drop it straight into the action with the Battle of Bredon which occurs half way through the story. A short war which has a high casualty count for its length. Bredon has never been more important to the future and for one person in particular it is a matter of life and death.

Finally here is the concept art for the protagonist in his full outfit at the moment. Very likely to change. But I'm pleased with the idea of his power shown on his hand at present.
Now here is the moment I've been working all day towards, the next short comic in my collection. This is NOT a reasons to listen to Heather comic, but it is done in the same style. It is for a friend I have made on twitter and she has always made me smile. Her name is Sarah and I've never been happier to have someone so amazing and inspiring to talk to me. Her youtube videos are amazing and she's beautiful (even if she denies it), so here it is... (transcript below)

Panel One:
Paul: Ok, I'm at the end now... where's my gold

Panel Two:
Sarah: Hi!

Panel Three:
Paul: Wow! Aren't you the cutest rainbow genie

Panel Four:
Sarah: Thank you, I bring you a gift. A magic rainbow cupcake

Panel five-eight:
Caramelldansen time ^_^
... And then I fall down a hole

Panel Nine:
Sarah: Are you ok?
Paul: No... get the T.A.R.D.I.S
Sarah: Can I come travelling
Paul: Yes... you're awesome, now please help... oh a penny

Ok so that brings this to a close. I hope you enjoy. Comment share and stuff. If you want to borrow some of the art, please ask or tweet me. You all know the details, they're on here somewhere.
Oh and the songs for this post are:
Avril lavigne- Smile
Asking Alexandria- The Final Episode
Artist Vs Poet- Bad Romance
Enter Shikari- Quelle Suprise

No comments:

Post a Comment